Eating healthy by choosing the right food required for your body. Avoiding junk and including some superfoods that boost your energy and are rich in nutritional values is one thing that many do while on diet. Most of the superfoods are plant based and have many nutritional values that are essential to our body. While there are many superfoods, here are the top few that you must include in your diet on a regular basis.
Top 10 superfoods:
- Almonds: They are a rich source of protein, vitamin E and also have the highest source of calcium. A good option for those who do not eat meat, almonds are a powerful superfood that can be taken on a regular basis for a healthy start to your day.
- Berries: All forms of berries are rich in anti-oxidants, fiber and digestive enzymes. They are also rich in vitamin C, which can help to firm the skin and avoid aging signs apart from boosting your immune system.
- Eggs: Highest source of protein, eating an egg daily also gives you a lot of energy. Egg yolk contains anti-oxidants that keeps eyes healthy and can reduce age related blindness issues also.
- Broccoli: Rich in potassium, calcium, iron, dietary fiber and vitamin A,C,K, it also contains anti-oxidants that have the ability to protect the retina of your eyes from free radicals. With broccoli, you can also expect strong bones, less inflammations, slows aging process, protection from cancer, prevention from heart attack etc.
- Beans: A plant based source rich in iron, it can be combined with lemon juice or sweet potatoes to increase the absorption of iron. They are also rich in fiber that is soluble and helps keep a check on blood cholesterol levels.
- Spinach: Rich in vitamins A, C and K, apart from iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous and vitamin E.